Phone: (203) 748-2960 (Danbury, CT)
1. Anti-Virus Application [ keep computer viruses away ]
The application probably has an icon in the system tray at the bottom right of the desktop that shows the time. Click it open and make sure it's up-to-date. Run a monthly full scan.
2. Microsoft - Windows Updates [ fix problems and improve security ]
Open the computer's Control Panel and look for an icon about Automatic Updates or Windows Updates. Click it open and look for a way to update Windows now. Try to find a way to get automatic updates if you can. The 2nd Tuesday of the month late in the afternoon is "Patch Tuesday" when the new updates are available.
3. Adobe Corp. - Adobe Flash and Adobe Reader [ image web pages or special documents ]
They usually send reminders and display a bright red icon. If you don't have them, visit www.adobe.com and look for the applications at the right side of the page. Download and install them but uncheck any other applications tht try install with them.
4. Oracle Corp. - Java RE [ special or required features of applications ]
Java RE usually shows an orange icon in the system tray. Click it open to get the download. Install the application but uncheck any other applications that try to install with it.
5. Microsoft - Office Updates [ fix problems and improve security ]
Open up Microsoft Word and look for an update option in either the Tools menu or the Help menu. Try to find a way to get automatic updates if you can.